"Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love" (II John 1:3).
Two elements are absolutely essential to genuine Christianity, truth and love.  The Bible includes these both in fundamental statements about who God is.  We read in I John 4:8 that, God is love.  In John's Gospel the Lord declared that He is the truth.  It is only a problem of human limitation and failure that we think that we can dispense with one or the other or that the two are impossible to reconcile.
With Valentine's Day fresh in our memory, we should be ready to appreciate the love of God that made Him willing to pay the price for our salvation.  The broken law of God required the death penalty be paid.  What a price to pay so that the sinner could have eternal life.  Nevertheless, "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son" (John 3:16a).  The Saviour came down  to this earth knowing He would have to die and bear the sins of the world to make a way of eternal life.  What love can compare to that?  No wonder we read, "Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins" (I John 4:10).  (The word "propitiation" refers to the satisfaction of the just requirements of God's law by Christ's sacrifice for sin.)  We can love in gratefulness for this gift, but here is love in a class and measure all by itself, God's love through Jesus Christ.
God's truth is something that many are less disposed to consider.  The thought seems to be, "Can't God just shower His love on me without searching out my heart and actions with truth?"  But while love paid the price for our salvation, truth prepares the heart to receive the Saviour personally.  It cannot be that we can recreate God to be one of love but no longer the God of truth.  It cannot be that we can receive God's saving love but refuse God's truth.  The Bible tells us that it is the truth that sets us free.  The door to heaven  was paid for by love, but the invitation to pass through is an offer of the truth.

Comments

05/11/2016 12:18am

I always feel truth is very important in our Christian walk, but it is not easy to practice it at all. I need grace. Sometime I even feel hurt when I speak the truth but I have to try. Today I declare and receive God’s love I so need it. Thanks for the post.

08/23/2016 9:10pm

The truth really can set up us free! Truth is very important in peoples relationships!

09/07/2016 3:47am

Thanks for sharing your work. I now need to add some interactivity to the offline map, so that a user can get info after clicking on a point.

01/27/2017 8:30pm

I feel so blessed reading this article. It made my day more meaningful and loved. Thank you for sharing God's words. God is truly the only truth and love. I will surely share this words to others.

01/30/2017 12:44am

Graceful written content on this blog is really useful for everyone same as I got to know. Difficult to locate relevant and useful informative blog as I found this one to get more knowledge but this is really a nice one.

thanks for the tips and information..i really appreciate it..

This is ridiculous that people are claiming for free xbox live gold membership

02/09/2017 1:53pm

We decided to build this cool website full of unblocked games for kids at school or adults at work. Using Unblocked Games juntion and playing the games available at our website will keep you entertained no matter where you are.

02/23/2017 8:38pm

The best example of this article is entitled, ''Romeo and Juliet'', a play about love. In the play Romeo and Juliet there are many scenes exploring love. In Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet he attempts to show "the truth and nature of love". Shakespeare gets what he wants from the play by showing different types of love throughout the play. For example, he shows courtly love, physical love and romantic love.

03/05/2017 7:31pm

Bounce to ksebahagiaan possibly now My own particular mate and i likewise need to do in light of your site fulfills me by and by today, cool.

How do you keep blogger from counting your page views on your blog?

04/06/2017 6:38pm

04/26/2017 12:43am

How do you keep blogger from counting your page views on your blog?