Home

12/14/2011

15 Comments

"Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars" (Proverbs 9:1)

Solomon speaks of what the wisdom of God has to offer, in terms we can all relate to, a home.  Though we may take it for granted and think very little about it, the home is one of the essentials of human life.  It is our place of security, society, and rest and especially love.  A man's home is his castle.  It is where we live.But our earthly homes can only meet a temporary need.  They have to do with this life, and its needs.  The human heart has deeper longings and craves eternity.  Here, our children grow up and move away; the house structures themselves decay and grow old; and so do we.  But the wisdom of God has made provision for a house built for eternity.  The seven pillars hewn out by the wisdom of God speak to us of the perfect eternal support provided by God's salvation.
Jesus promised to prepare this place in John 14:1-2.  "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."
Abraham was able to leave his father's house in answer to God's call and live in tents ("tabernacles") in a strange land because he believed God had a greater and eternal dwelling place for him.  "By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God" (Hebrews 11:9-10).
As you enjoy the blessings of home this Christmas season, remember its happiness is a proverb, a faint picture of the lasting joys of God's house awaiting those who become His children by faith in Jesus Christ and His death for us on the cross.  We are also enabled to patiently endure the shortcomings of our earthly homes if we are able to reflect on the privilege of being of the household of God, with a home awaiting us of security, rest, and love that will go on forever.

Comments

We now have many churches polishing on the internet. This is long overdue, as the truth is, the internet has come to stay and we have to use it to our advantage. It can help us get many things done, really a good medium for evangelism. Thanks for reminding us of our home in heaven, and how pleasant that will be.

09/21/2016 3:58am

Scores of web designers find themselves in difficult positions when looking for work. Many times securing a client does not come down to one issue, but multiple factors which can leave some designers confused as to what the creative firms and clients want in a web designer.

12/16/2016 3:31am

If you are an online marketer that is attempting to write blog posts that grab your visitor's attention, then this article is for you

Get a clear screen resolution on your desktop by this link and enjoy watching HD quality videos and pictures with more clarity

02/07/2017 11:51pm

here on our homepage you will get millions of game free of cost and you have not to spent your earned money to buy games.

02/13/2017 5:13am

The lower the permit number, the more he has been doing business. Verify whether he shows his permit number on his site.

03/11/2017 4:32am

There is no denying it, the world today is not the way it was less than twenty years ago. If in the past many homeowners balked at the thought of installing home security systems installed by privately owned home security companies, today the idea of not installing one in the home can be quite alarming.

03/16/2017 3:21am

Serious auxiliary issues may create additional damage to your establishment and maybe crumple the abode

03/17/2017 3:00am

Hello, I'm having trouble trying to change the settings for my facebook account. I use firefox, and when I opened the account I clicked on the button saying I wanted firefox to remember my password info. Well, I've now changed my mind and want to remove firefox from remembering my info. Does anyone know how to do this? Please help if you do. Thank You..

04/05/2017 7:30am

We are Regina's furnace repair, air conditioning, water heater and hvac specialists. let one of our certified contractors have a looking at your heating and cooling systems to recommend updates, repair or servicing. We want you to experience a new type of worry free service. Honestly, life is hard enough and we want to make it easier for you when it comes to heating and cooling issues. And we want to make you smile! Do you want to deal with easy going worry free service? Do you want to see high quality work done? Do you want to hear honest fair prices with no hidden extras? Then call us today!

04/07/2017 10:00am

Home is the only place where I do belong. This is a place where I needed.

People who do not like to get caught in rain will have the desire to experience the soothing effect of it on the body while given in the form of massage. This is now possible in the form of rain shower heads which can warm the bones and there are certain tips to be followed while buying such heads. Here are some of them.

04/22/2017 7:35am

Lavatories are another range of the home that can fundamentally raise esteem when updated.

04/27/2017 4:57am

The first step to choosing headboards is to identify your individual needs. Once you know exactly what you need you can start browsing the internet for headboards that fit the bill.

05/01/2017 10:40am

Nice article and such a good information. Thanks for your excellent posting. I really enjoyed reading this blog.