The basic message of the Bible is beyond dispute. Consider how these fundamental truths are clearly taught in this passage.
1. The Christian message offers everlasting life. This is the repeated message of the Bible. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).
2. If language means anything, everlasting life must mean a life that can never end. "Everlasting" life occurs by way of contrast with our present life, which will come to an end by death. "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish" (John 10:28a).
3. "Hath" means believers have eternal life - now - present tense. Man-made religion offers a life pursuing half-promises like a carrot on a stick. Jesus says he offers salvation now. "Now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation" (II Corinthians 6:2c)
4. The receiving of this represents a fundamental change in condition before God - passing "from death unto life". Evidently, this life is not only different in duration, but in kind. Sin has made man dead spiritually, even before physical death occurs, but Jesus offers to make you made alive unto God.
5. This life is also a sphere of existence outside of the judgment of God ("shall not come into condemnation"). So it brings pardon for the sins of the past and ultimately of all sins.
6. This life is attained by faith alone. It is promised without further conditions to those that hear and believe. "Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law" (Romans 3:28).
7. Faith here is not just an undefined spiritual mystery. It is belief of the revealed Word of God. It matters what you believe. The saving message is about the plan of God to bring salvation through His Son. This is called the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Good News that God has sent His Son to die for our sins, and rise from the dead. It is if we repent and believe that good news, that we then have everlasting life.